Students Riding on a Bike Pathway

Faculty Questions

You’ve got questions … We’ve got answers …

  • What should I do if I have questions about a student’s Letter of Accommodation?
    • Please contact the SDC Specialist who signed the student’s letter as soon as possible to discuss your questions and concerns.  You can reach your specialist by calling the office at 530-752-3184, Monday through Friday, 8am-noon and 1-5pm.
  • Is disability information confidential?
    • Student disability and accommodation information is confidential. Only those with an educational “need to know” - so that they can provide services - should be made aware of a student’s accommodations.
  • How do students access classroom accommodations?
    • The instructor of record for each course is responsible for providing most classroom accommodations. Common classroom accommodations include Testing Accommodations, Consideration for Absences, permission to Audio Record Lectures, and Note Takers. Other services such as Lab Assistants, Accessible Textbooks, Adaptive Furniture, Captioners are handled through the SDC. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us.
  • Where can I get help to provide accommodations for my classroom lectures, quizzes, exams, labs, and field trips?
    • While instructors are responsible to safeguard that students have access to classroom accommodations outlined in the student’s Letter of Accommodation, support is available. Please check with your department and the SDC for assistance.

We’re listening … let’s chat!

Invite us to a meeting, gathering, or come to our place. We’re available to hear concerns, share information, answer questions, and work together to enhance processes.