What type of documentation do I need to register for services with the SDC?
- Student’s name, ID number, Declaration disability is present, and Signature
- Name, Title, License Number, Address, and Signature of qualifying, diagnosing clinician
- Statement by the clinician that a disability is present
- Explanation and/or basis for diagnosis (tests, clinical interview, observations, history)
- Date disability first diagnosed, date clinician first treated student, most recent visit, expected duration of disability
- Detailed description of current functional limitations
- Statement of the extent to which limitations are mitigated by treatment and side effects of treatment if any
Please keep in mind, documentation should be comprehensive, written within a reasonable timeframe relative to the disability, and signed by your non-familial, treating, qualifying professional. Incomplete information may slow or delay the accommodation approval process.