Personal Care Assistants

Information to arrange for services with the California Department of Rehabilitation or the Yolo County Adult Protective Services (IHSS) Program.

Deaf or Hard of Hearing

Learn about the on-staff American Sign Language interpreters, Real-time Captioners, assistive listening devices, and Note Takers that are available.

Student Questions

Frequently asked questions covering academic issues, life between the classes, and the services at UC Davis for students with disabilities.


Learn what type of documentation is needed to register for services with the SDC. Some materials require completion by a qualifying professional.


New and Prospective students learn who to contact at the SDC and what documentation is necessary. Returning students get back up to speed fast.

Do I Need an Accommodation?

Student requests for accommodation(s) due to disability are considered on an individual, case-by-case and class-by-class basis. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate contact with the SDC and engage in the registration process to determine eligibility for services. Once services are established, students request accommodations for each class through the SDC automated instructor notification system.