Skip to main content
Beware of Fraudulent Work Opportunities
- Emails from fictional instructors are being sent to UC Davis students promising Work Study opportunities that do not exist. Even worse these email Phishing attacks are designed to deceive students into sending money to the perpetrator with the false promise of being reimbursed.
- These emails present themselves as originating from the Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) with an offer of Work Study employment from the University Office that supports students with disabilities.
- Be advised that these emails do not come from the Student Disability Center (SDC) and that no such Work Study opportunity exists. Students should never in any circumstances reply to these emails.
- Please forward all suspicious messages to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about Phishing attacks visit the UC Davis Knowledge Base.
Calling all Note Takers
- Want to be a Note Taker?
- Do you enjoy taking comprehensive course notes and helping classmates? Do you have good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds?
- This is what we need …
- A quick turn-around, we’ll need you to upload notes within 24 hours of each class session
- In most cases, we’ll ask you to compose notes in MS Office formats
- Note Takers are paid a small stipend to provide notes for a class for which they are already enrolled.
- If this sounds interesting to you let us know if you would like to become a SDC Note Taker by emailing us at email@example.com